Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

C.C.H

This is an addon to the Luxaire Warranty thread. Bristol Comp Co also abides by the Rheem "max refrig in a system chart" for their entire residential line of comps.They vary from 6lbs of freon for a 62k comp and a 36k comp. But for a 42k they go upto 9lbs in the entire system. So use a CCH or don't use one ,thats your call. I really like being known for having comps that last and last and last.My longest surviving comp was a measly 30 years . so again ,you tell me!!!!!

An update, a Territory Manager for United Refrigeration said "off the top of my head it's about 9-10 lbs for Copeland". So again ,you tell me!

Comments

• Techman
    Techman Member Posts: 2,144
    edited September 2012
    Bristol Comp

One more little fact, Bristol uses a CCH in their entire commercial line of comps.
  • don_9
    don_9 Member Posts: 395
    cch

There have been times I had to go install one on a few wta heatpump.You will find many of scroll out there without heater on them,.heck accumulator are going away as well.

They have to compete and boost those efficency numbers.
  • Techman
    edited October 2012
    CCH

Come on mech's .That 30 year running/surviving compressor that I alluded to was on a REFRIGERATION system , 365 day's a year after year after year , NOT a summer only AC unit. So one more time YOU TELL ME!!!!
  • John Mills_5
    John Mills_5 Member Posts: 950
    What gas?

Are these for current 410 units or for dry units? 
  • Techman
    What gas

The Rheem chart is for r22 ,but I'm going to say I don't know if it applies to 410a, but now I'll have to go check that out.
  • John Mills_5
    John Mills_5 Member Posts: 950
    Rheem

I saw this in the I/O for their dry unit. I guess they figure the units will be overcharged in order to work with the who-knows-what ancient evap. But guys that do dry units on old coils aren't real likely to worry about how long the dry unit will last. 
This discussion has been closed.