Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Best place for thermostat?

BobAlu
BobAlu Member Posts: 18
I'm looking to eliminate one of my thermostats in my home...here's the layout. I have a typical split level home in Massapequa LI and for the most part the entire house is one zone. A second zone was added later on that only controls the ground level den but the main zone also has the original convector in the room too. This zone was added as the den would never warm up with the just main zone. This second zone has nothing to do with my question! I'm looking to combine my heat and A/C thermostats into one. The heating thermostat is in the dining room while the A/C thermostat is in the upstairs hallway. Which would be a more ideal location to keep a single thermostat that controls both? I'm thinking the AC guys chose their location only because it makes for a simple installation. I guess the same could be said for the heating thermostat as it is one floor over the boiler. Both thermostats pretty much always read the same , whether the AC or heat is on. Any suggestions?

Comments

• kcopp
    kcopp Member Posts: 4,462
    place it in....

a room where there is heat. More than likely there is no heat in the hallway....
This discussion has been closed.