Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Turning on a pump when any one of three zones is calling

Perk
Perk Member Posts: 3
I've come upon a situation where there is an SR503 controlling 3 pumps and I need to turn on a forth pump whenever any one of the 3 zones is calling. Any thoughts on a device or approach that might make this a relatively painless and inexpensive fix?

Cheers,

Dave

Comments

• Sam81
    Sam81 Member Posts: 37
    Turn on another pump

Install a taco or any brand single zone relay and wire the tt from the sr503 to the tt on the new single zone control, and the tt dry contact from the single zone to the boiler tt
  • Perk
    to clarify ...

Thanks for your response. If I understand correctly, you are saying that by connecting the end switch (XX) dry contacts of the existing SR503 to the TT (RW) of the SR501, we will get the forth pump turn on when any of the 3 zones of the SR503 are calling. Lastly, connect the end switch (XX) dry contacts to the boiler where the end switch of the SR503 was previously connected to complete the loop.

Hopefully I have it right ... I'll let you know how it works out.

Best,

Dave
  • Jason_13
    Jason_13 Member Posts: 304
    wirng pump

Can't you just wire one pump to the boiler. It will reun on any demand on the boiler and continue to run while there is a demand.
  • CMadatMe
    CMadatMe Member Posts: 3,086
    Used

The wrong zone control. Withthe SR-EXP version could have just wired in a system pump.

You can wire in SR-501 to the exisiting relay.

http://www.taco-hvac.com/uploads/FileLibrary/100-92.pdf

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Perk
    work around

Thanks, Chris ... Good info for future installs. Right now I'm piecing together a work around on an existing system.
  • Robert O'Brien
    Robert O'Brien Member Posts: 3,556
    Don't need

Any additional relays,wire 110v to one X terminal,other X to pump you want to control.
    To learn more about this professional, click here to visit their ad in Find A Contractor.
This discussion has been closed.