Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

The WORLDS first solar powered,blue tooth, stereo fireplace...

Mark Eatherton
Mark Eatherton Member Posts: 5,853
I Googled it, and got zero direct hits, therefore, I OWN it, right?

Regardless, I DO own it, and enjoy it every weekend, and it costs me nothing to operate, but provides many hours of good music listening.

The fireplace is the center of my Partio in Heeney. I considered putting a small, hand carved wooden sign on the mantle with the letters H.E.L.P., which would stand for the Heeney Energy Light and Power company, but the wife talked me out of it...

Enjoy! (I do;-))

ME
It's not so much a case of "You got what you paid for", as it is a matter of "You DIDN'T get what you DIDN'T pay for, and you're NOT going to get what you thought you were in the way of comfort". Borrowed from Heatboy.

Comments

• SWEI
    SWEI Member Posts: 7,356
    edited August 2012
    I figured it had to be some kind of hilbilly joke

Then I saw YOUR name on it.

Quite the setup.  What's the BT for?

Edit: Oh, wait, it's gotta be BT speakers.

Fun...
  • Mark Eatherton
    edited August 2012
    It IS a hill billy joke ;-)

A HEENEY Hill billy joke.

My cabin up there is one of oh, 300, and it is the ONLY cabin with any kind of solar (Thermal and PV) on it, plus I am working on my other "alternative" energy sources, including a latent solar thermal converter (wood burning boiler) and vertical axis wind turbines using "repurposed" 55 gallon drums.

The bluetooth is powered by a 12 volt car battery that is charged by the solar PV cell. Anyone with a phone that has bluetooth capacity can listen to their phone over the solar powered bluetooth speakers. I listen to my iPod, iPad, and MacBook Pro over it, depending. We mostly listen to Pandora, but I have set up certain programs to enhance sitting in front of the fire. Like Jimmy Hendrix's Let Me Stand Next To Your Fire and Jim Morrison's Come On Baby Light My Fire...Followed at the end by The Doors, This Is The End with who knows what in between... Gotta keep the guests happy ;-)

It's a work in progress... A labor of love...

If you look closely, below the white marble hearth, you can see the black speakers being held up by hill billy tape (holey iron).

PS, I just checked. I now OWN the title through Google for The WORLDS first solar powered,blue tooth, stereo fireplace. ;-) Is this as good as a patent?

ME
    It's not so much a case of "You got what you paid for", as it is a matter of "You DIDN'T get what you DIDN'T pay for, and you're NOT going to get what you thought you were in the way of comfort". Borrowed from Heatboy.
  • SWEI
    SWEI Member Posts: 7,356
    I just searched on that a few times

to make sure you get to keep your title.

Enjoy...
  • Mark Eatherton
    Latent solar reactor/oxidizer

Here's an image of a solid fuel solar rod just beginning to oxidize from the insides out...
  • Mark Eatherton
    Here's a piece of pine just after starting the rapid oxidation unit...

Burns a little dirtier...
  • Mark Eatherton
    Here's what was left of the Aspen after 8 hours of burning time...

Not much.
  • Mark Eatherton
    edited September 2012
    Heres an exterior view of the proof of concept...

This is the "containment" vessel for the latent solar solid fuel rod oxidization unit. Eventually, it will grow into a 55 gallon drum with an internal 30 gallon drum, complete with inducer, copper heat exchanger, blah blah blah. For the time being, I just want proof that it would work, which is does fantastically. With the muffin fan, I can take it from an idle condition to a flame throwing condition, and back to the idle position in about 15 minutes. I had flames shooting 2 feet above the cans during one test. Got my attention REAL fast...

Still trying to figure out how many btuH this puppy has the ability to produce. Looks to be around 30 to 50K according to the gut ;-)

ME
This discussion has been closed.