Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Outdoor reset vs. Aquasmart

Options
Wayco Wayne_2
Wayco Wayne_2 Member Posts: 2,479
How do they match up savings wise. I've always been an outdoor re-set guy but see new technology and wonder if it's good. If I understand it correctly it works off of cycle time to make decisions about water temperature level. Sounds too easy. How does it fare with multiple zones? Single zone? I was thinking of trying one just to experiment.  

Comments

• Alan R. Mercurio_3
    Alan R. Mercurio_3 Member Posts: 1,620
    Options
    My take on this...

First for those who may not be aware of this I’d like to point out that the AquaSmart is capable of both ODR or IDR If you have a boiler with a coil then I would want to utilize the IDR function.

To be honest and this is just my opinion I think it’s 6 of one half a dozen of another sort of speak. The outdoor reset via sensor is going to dictate a higher boiler temp during colder weather, right? And lower boiler temps during warmer weather. A device such as the AquaSmart when utilizing the IDR function is building an algorithm (sp?) based on how quickly or slowly the boilers water temperature is being stripped. So naturally on a colder day it will be stripped faster. When the temperature is being stripped away slower the device is going to determine that there is some usable energy left in the boiler available for the next call for heat. This will hold off the burner from coming on. Repeating these cycles with this method throughout the year is how the savings is reaped.

I’ve installed many of both and seen similar savings. What’s equally important in my opinion with either set-up is that they are tied to a system that has been properly laid out and installed.

That’s my 2 cents on the subject. I look forward to reading others. :-)

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Robert O'Brien
    Robert O'Brien Member Posts: 3,541
    Options
    Depends

It depends on the system,the ODR is more aggresive than the integral logic.
    To learn more about this professional, click here to visit their ad in Find A Contractor.
This discussion has been closed.