Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

New Heating Sytem

Options
Rebel
Rebel Member Posts: 1
I am the head custodian at a very small high school. Our current "low pressure boiler system"is shot. We have been told to replace it next summer. Can you give me some idea's on a new efficient heating system?

Comments

• Jean-David Beyer
    Jean-David Beyer Member Posts: 2,666
    Options
    idea's on a new efficient heating system

Not being a heating professional, I cannot give any direct advice. But there will be issues you need to deal with.

1.) Why is the current system shot? Who made this diagnosis? If it is rusted out, why is it rusted out?

2.) What do you mean by shot? Is it just unreliable, is it leaking water or steam? Does it bang? Uneven heat? Just too expensive to run?

3.) Is your present boiler too large?, too small?, just right? Are the radiators the correct size for your heating loss? If so, is the boiler size correct to supply them?

4.) Is the heating even? If not, was it always uneven? (Vent valves adequate in size, number, and location?)

Clearly you will need a steam heating professional to look at this. The professionals here will want to know where you are.
  • nicholas bonham-carter
    nicholas bonham-carter Member Posts: 8,576
    Options
    High school boiler replacement

Is the current system hot water, or steam? What sort of radiators are there? Some pictures posted here of the present system boiler and rads would be helpful. It must must have some life in it as you are not having to do this before this winter

In what way is the boiler "shot". What age Is it? Generally speaking, in the case of steam, the most efficient system is one which has been installed as the manufacturer's instructions have been followed as a minimum. What is your location?--NBC
This discussion has been closed.