Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Is an outdoor reset recommended

I am in the process of replacing my Burnham v85 boiler which has developed cracks with a Buderus g115-4 oil boiler. In my original research on deciding on going with the Buderus, I read a lot about adding logomatic controls and/or the outdoor reset. My chosen contractor isn't going with either, they believe the logomatic controls is overkill for my 2000 sq ft home and instead of the outdoor reset, they are going with some standard controls included with the buderus package but no outdoor reset. Should I push for the outdoor reset, I can't afford to install the logomatic at this time and I want to get as mush efficiency out of my new system as possible.

Thanks.

Comments

• JStar
    JStar Member Posts: 2,752
    Let me think...

YES!

You won't be sorry. Here in NJ, resets just became mandatory.
  • Jean-David Beyer
    Jean-David Beyer Member Posts: 2,666
    Here in NJ, resets just became mandatory.

When I got my new boiler three years ago, it came with outdoor reset. The installer did not want to connect it up. He said they did not do much good.

Well the way he set up the controls, it would not. I made him hook it up and after he left, I set up the reset curves. It seems to me that the resets do a lot of good. Most of the time, it puts 75F water into my radiant slab. On design day, it puts in 112F, and it has to go down to 6F to put out 120F.

Some people learned all there was to know in 1965, and never learned anything since.
  • JStar
    JStar Member Posts: 2,752
    It's sad.

"It's no good" usually really means "I don't know".

This kind of mentality forced me to start my own business, so at least these people are a good source of motivation.
This discussion has been closed.