Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Riello oil burner won't fire

Options
Johnnyx
Johnnyx Member Posts: 3
Hi, I replaced the nozzle and oil filter for my Riello oil burner about six months ago, recently the burner suddenly stopped firing . I had to to turn off the circuit breaker off and then turned it back on again in order for it to restart. I have to reset the circuit breaker about once a week for about a month now. Could you tell me what causes this to happen?

Thank you. I'll appreciated.

Comments

• Paul Fredricks_3
    Paul Fredricks_3 Member Posts: 1,557
    Options

I have no idea. Could be lots of reasons. That sounds like a problem that needs a professionals eye.
  • Johnnyx
    Options
    capacitor?

I just changed the oil filter and nozzle, but still with no luck. Could it be a capacitor problem?
  • R Mannino
    R Mannino Member Posts: 440
    Options
    Johnny I'd Like to Buy A Vowel

Could we have some better hints? The motor runs, but burner doesn't light, or the motor doesn't run.

Anybody got those winning lottery numbers for tonight?
  • Johnnyx
    Options
    The motor doesn't run

After it ran for few days, then the burner locked out. Even I pressed the reset button, it won't fire, motor is not running. So I have to turn off the circuit breaker, wait about 5 minutes, then turned the circuit breaker on. Then the motor started to run and the burner fired up right away. The first time I reset the circuit breaker, the burner worked for more than a week before it locked out. But now, it worked for less than a week before another locked out. Do you think it's the capacitor problem?
  • LIBob51
    LIBob51 Member Posts: 20
    Options
    This isn't a guessing game

I could spend half the day listing things that could possibly be wrong, but without the knowledge of the system, it's not gonna do you any good. Call a pro
This discussion has been closed.