Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

I have had....

Options
kcopp
kcopp Member Posts: 4,432
these flying around my home the last couple days.... man they are loud!

Comments

• Paul48
    Paul48 Member Posts: 4,469
    Options
    Looks

like a couple of the Blue Angels.
  • MikeyB
    MikeyB Member Posts: 696
    Options
    Blue Angels

Niceee, had them flying over my house over Memorial Day weekend on Long Island, really cool to see
  • Gordy
    Gordy Member Posts: 9,546
    Options
    Yup Blue Angels

Be at show center with a 500 knot tactical fly by that's loud. Then think about the fact its 1/3 of their top speed (F 18).  Talk about shock, and awe to the enemy.
  • icesailor
    icesailor Member Posts: 7,265
    Options
    Blue Angels:

You must live near the old Weymouth Navel Air Station in Weymouth, MA, South of Boston.

They are having an air show there. If possible, you should go. You will never see anything like it in your life. It will be crowded but well worth the trip.

They are there June 30 and today, July first. Then, they will be at the Boston July 4th celebration.

Here's their schedule.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=navy%20blue%20angels%20schedule&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CFwQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.blueangels.navy.mil%2Fshow%2F&ei=sDXwT7OGI8ez6wH08byHBg&usg=AFQjCNGiSKBTPLXNmyMcY43EfCbPgDwA7w
  • kcopp
    Options
    actually I'm in...

Seacoast , NH. They are at  Pease NG/AFB  this weekend. One flew over my house yesterday and it was as if he was 20 ft of the top of the house.... that will scare the crap out of you. They are not as loud as the Thunderbirds were last year.
  • icesailor
    icesailor Member Posts: 7,265
    Options
    Blue Angels:

I read the schedule too quickly. When I saw Boston, I assumed Weymouth. I've seen them there. But they closed Weymouth a few years ago. I thought it was funny that they woould be there and they aren't.

Its quite a production to put on their show. The planning is over a year in advance.
  • BillW
    BillW Member Posts: 198
    Options
    Sorry I didn't get a picture...

The other day I was doing some work outside, and I began to feel some strange, low-frequency sounds that gradually grew louder, until I recognized what they were...the unmistakable drone that only 4 big radials can make, and they were attached to a B17!  The "Yankee Lady" a red and silver B17, was on her way to some air show, and was cruising along at about 2000 feet   I've seen her before at the big airshow in Reading, Pa.  The last time I was there, she and 3 of her sisters flew by in a diamond formation, and the noise was incredible, but they were upstaged last year by the "FiFi" the only flyable B29 in the world.  That beast shook everything for miles around, and she was only carrying enough gas for a short flight,  If she was that loud empty, I can't imagine what she would have sounded like with a full load of gas, bombs and ammo.

The in-line Allison engine on a P40 has a unique sound; so does the Rolls-Royce Merlin in-line on a P51 or a Spitfire, but the Rolls-Royce Griffin engines on the Lancaster bomber also have a very distinctive sound.  If you have never been to that airshow in Reading, they always have it on the first weekend in June, at the Mid-Atlantic Air Museum, along with 1940's music, armored vehicles and a reenactment of Pacific and European battles.
  • kcopp
    Options
    I would love.....

to see some of those classic planes. They changed the course of world history.
  • BillW
    BillW Member Posts: 198
    Options
    Just about all the flyable WW2 planes have visited.

Reading, Pa. hosts one of the largest airshows around, featuring primarily WW2 classics.  Some very rare birds have been there recently, including a a British Avro Lancaster bomber, one of only 3 flying, a Spitfire, a Corsair, P47 Thunderbolt, B24, a P40 "Flying Tiger", lots of Mustangs, B25's and B17's, the B29 and two of the only flyable Navy carrier planes from that era, a dive bomber and a torpedo plane. Some cargo and trainer planes are usually there as well, as are replica Japanese planes built for the movies, and a German spotter plane to represent the Axis. You can book a ride in some of them.

It's always held on the first weekend in June, at the Mid-Atlantic Air Museum.  You can get more info at their website, www.maam.org. The show includes military vehicles of all kinds, armored and not, battle reenactments, live big band music and lots of other great stuff.  Book your hotel early, they fill up completely.

BTW, I am not affiliated with the museum.
  • Ex Maine Doug
    Ex Maine Doug Member Posts: 162
    Options
    Blue Angels viewing

I have been on the deck of patrol boats marking the edge of the Exclusion Zone on the water. This is the no boat area where the action is most risky under the Blue Angels. It also happens to be the most noise and least distance to the jets. When the support plane does a flyover it feels like you could reach up and slice a watermelon in the props. I was looking straight into the nose as it made the low level pass.

An awesome event of man and machine operating as one.
  • David Sutton_6
    David Sutton_6 Member Posts: 1,079
    Options
    not only are they fun to watch

but they are fun to stand on LOL

This is a F15 fighter
This discussion has been closed.