Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Radiant Heating

Options
Steve_210
Steve_210 Member Posts: 646
Hi,

My supplier is telling me that you no longer need to use Pex Aluminum Pex with Warmboard, that some type of regular Pex is approved.  Has anyone had any experience with this? Please advise,

Thank you

Comments

• hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 22,139
    Options
    PAP

I'm not sure it was ever required. In the early days of WB they suggested a small bead of silicone under the tube. The PAB just stayed in the grooves better and was easier to work in cold conditions.

Nothing worse then pex coated in silicone chasing you around the room.

I always felt the aluminum layer added some heat transfer boost. maybe not?

hr
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream
  • Mark Eatherton
    Mark Eatherton Member Posts: 5,853
    Options
    Approved tubing...

http://warmboard.com/technical-information/install-warmboard

Mr PEX, Uponor and a few others are accepted. According to the most recent technical papers, the use of silicone is NOT required with the right tubing.

ME
    It's not so much a case of "You got what you paid for", as it is a matter of "You DIDN'T get what you DIDN'T pay for, and you're NOT going to get what you thought you were in the way of comfort". Borrowed from Heatboy.
  • Simply Rad
    Simply Rad Member Posts: 184
    Options
    WB and PAP

Sprinter

Have you ever used PAP?  I have found through many WB projects that PAP tubing works best.  It stays in place and does not come out of the grooves.  I feel PEX wants to just jump out of that groove no matter how hard you try to keep it there.  Also, PAP has expansion coefficient more similar to copper, so no expansion noises.  Also, I use a PAP product that is BRIGHT orange, and that catches the eyes of the other trades.     So they see BRIGHT orange and think caution and they are careful no to hit my tubing.

Good Luck

Jeffrey
    Jeffrey Campbell
  • Steve_210
    Steve_210 Member Posts: 646
    Options
    thanks

for all the help guys
  • bb_5
    bb_5 Member Posts: 15
    Options
    Approved Tubing for Warmboard

Can be found at the following link:

http://www.warmboard.com/technical-information/downloads

Scroll down to Installation Information section for the current Approved Tubing List

No need for silicone in the groove.

If you have any questions call Warmboard directly at:  877-338-5493

Hope this helps.

bb
  • JROLDTIMER
    JROLDTIMER Member Posts: 5
    Options
    JR

Good Morning. I am installing a staple up system. I am concerned with creaking noise. I am interested in the ultra fin. Is it compatable with pex-al-pex? does pex-al-pex really expand a lot less than pex?
This discussion has been closed.