Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Vacation Plans (OT)

Now that it's warmed up and there are fewer and fewer "No Heat" calls coming in, how does a typical hydronicist spend his summers? I know many of you service and install air conditioning, but all of us need some down time, no?  I know ME has his Colorado cabin by the lake that he is always bragging about.

Me and the girlfriend are driving up to Oregon later this month for some bike riding and then in September, we are heading down to Big Sur on the California coast for some hiking.  What about you?
8.33 lbs./gal. x 60 min./hr. x 20°ΔT = 10,000 BTU's/hour

Two btu per sq ft for degree difference for a slab

Comments

• Jean-David Beyer
    Jean-David Beyer Member Posts: 2,666
    I am not a heating contractor, but

I know someone in France who is. For most of the heating system, he is a heating contractor, does heating and ventilation. In the summer, he closes down his business and operates another, which is an inn in the French Alps. It is at the end of the pavement on a road that stops about a mile farther up a mountain. People go hiking from there and he will make pic-nic lunches from there. But it is better to stay there for a few days instead, and really start to get to know the area. As it is an inn, he rents room by the night. Some years he opens in the middle of the winter for skiers. But usually avalanches take the power out and he may have to dig down to the roof on top of the second floor to get in, so not every year.
  • Mark Eatherton
    Mark Eatherton Member Posts: 5,852
    I came to San Jose for a break...

Ended up working in Atherton (I think they mis-spelled it), got my fill of California, and am headed home ;-)

Thought about calling you, but was short on time. Client didn't want to pay me to sleep in Califo, so in and out in the same day...

Maybe when I come back out for the trial... If you're not out galavanting around the country side...

Travel safe my friend.

ME

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• DanHolohan
    DanHolohan Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 16,585
    Ahhhhh.

Cape May, our summer city by the sea. The whole clan is gathering, which is an amazing thing in itself. The fact that I'm paying might have something to do with that. ;-)
    Retired and loving it.
  • STEVEusaPA
    STEVEusaPA Member Posts: 6,505
    Dan, I'll keep an eye out for you....

Dan were you aware that the Fudge store is have a special....."today only"....?.lol

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• DanHolohan
    DanHolohan Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 16,585
    I'm there!

Make mine vanilla. Woo!
    Retired and loving it.
  • Paul Fredricks_3
    Paul Fredricks_3 Member Posts: 1,557
    edited June 2012
    Our summer

We head to this great place for a week the end of July. This will be our 20th year, I think my inlaws are on year 40.

http://quisisanaresort.com/

Then, in August, my wife and I take the camper and head to OBX for 10 days of sun, sand, surf, kayaking, and a brief encounter with hang gliding.
  • Paul Fredricks_3
    Paul Fredricks_3 Member Posts: 1,557
    oh yeah

And in the end of September I head up to the white mountains with "the boys" for 3 or 4 days of backpacking.
This discussion has been closed.