Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Thanks to Gateway Plumbing and Heating Help - NJ

EKDatDKE
EKDatDKE Member Posts: 14
Hey all,

Just wanted to put a quick post up here. After months of planning and one missed phone call from switching to forced air, Dave and the guys at Gateway in NJ just installed a new steam boiler for our 1940's home in northern NJ. They did it all one in day and I have to say thank you for heating help for putting me in touch with them and thanks to Gateway for a job very very well done.

I have been on the site many times, more to read than to post, my posts have been novice at best as I told my wife I would never move to a house with steam again after a winter with severe water hammer in my 2nd apartment. After living through two winters with a nice steam system in my first house I can't imagine the cold weather without it and thanks to Gateway it will be that way for a long time.

For anyone who felt trapped and helpless lost for someone who truly understands how to put in a steam system, take relief that Dave and the crew at Gateway answered all my questions (small and big) for two months and while I was not home for the installation (my wife and kids were, lol), she told me the crew were clean and very well mannered.

Also for the record we are doing a full oil to natural gas conversion and it is amazing that with all my work it is finally complete.

Just wanted to give the board a thumbs up for saving me from scrapping what is a lost art in America, steam heat.

Thanks Dave, Gateway and Heating Help!

- Eric

Comments

• STEVEusaPA
    STEVEusaPA Member Posts: 6,505
    Very cool..

Thanks for popping back on to thank those that helped you, and to praise a wall-ie.  I'm sure they appreciate it.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

This discussion has been closed.