Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Munchkin 140m Blower c

Dar
Dar Member Posts: 3
We have a Munchkin 140m Boiler that we were told is pre 925. The blower comes on, then blower shuts off, then the burner lights, then when the blower comes back on the burner goes out. We already replaced the blower because the plastic impeller was broken. The new blower has a metal impeller. The green light flashes steady all the time. The control board picture is attached. As far as we know (we only had one authorized Munchkin tech here back in 2003) the control board has never been replaced and is from the factory.

Comments

• Mark Eatherton
    Mark Eatherton Member Posts: 5,853
    Seek professional help...

There are some conversion kits available to licensed/trained contractors who can convert the boiler to a newer control logic.

The problem may be as simple as a plugged up gas filter screen at the gas valves inlet. There is a real fine screen, like panty hose fine, and if it gets plugged up, after the boiler ignites, it starves for fuel, and blows the flame out. If you are on LP, you could also be out of gas...

ME
    It's not so much a case of "You got what you paid for", as it is a matter of "You DIDN'T get what you DIDN'T pay for, and you're NOT going to get what you thought you were in the way of comfort". Borrowed from Heatboy.
  • Steve Whitbeck
    Steve Whitbeck Member Posts: 669
    Munchkin

DAR - whrn you say the blower stops - does it actually stop or does it just slow down?

On a call for heat the blower will come up to full speed and then slow to about half speed - the burner then fires up - Then the blower will step up to full speed as needed.

It sounds to me like the boiler is not sensing a good flame signal. The boiler needs to be serviced badly. Call Munchkin - they will give you the name of the local distributor and they should be able to give you the name of someone qualified to repair your MUNCHKIN. I am the local guy here.
  • Dar
    Munchkin 140m Blower c

@Steve, the blower does stop...and when it stops the burner lights and it is lit for a little while (2-3 min)..the blower will come back on and the burrner goes out.
  • Steve Whitbeck
    Steve Whitbeck Member Posts: 669
    Dar

It can't stop because then you wouldn't have any fire because it is a negative pressure gas control. If the blower is not running it won't draw gas into the combustion chamber.

So it has to be running.

Get the boiler serviced.

Steve
  • Dar
    Munchkin 140m Blower c

I'm going to call a Munchkin service tech tomorrow.
This discussion has been closed.