Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

HBX controls, anyone using them?

tim smith
tim smith Member Posts: 2,752
Working on a project that engineer spec'd these. Along with air to water heat pumps, boiler, buffer tanks air handlers etc etc.  Any experiences would be appreciated.  Thanks in advance, Tim

Comments

• MW_2
    MW_2 Member Posts: 25
    HBX

I'm in the process of finishing a large install using 4 water to water heat pumps and a back up boiler, all of which heat an 80 gallon buffer tank. HBX will control the whole works. I'm happy with the HBX concept so far- easy to install and plenty of programming options.
  • EddieG
    EddieG Member Posts: 150
    Interesting

If you don't mind, keep us posted on what you think. I checked them out after seeing this post. Looks like a nice product and looks like it will simplify control strategy on combi jobs.
  • zacmobile
    zacmobile Member Posts: 211
    lots

I've been using them quite a bit for the past 3 years, just finished a small commercial water to water project replacing a hacked together ddc system with an ECO-1000 + EXP-0100 expansion module + 2 ZON-0500 zone modules + 7 THM-0200 thermostats controlling 2 5 ton ClimateMaster heat pumps & 2 existing Super Hot propane boilers. Works great! I like how you can set the heat pumps to be disabled at either a maximum buffer tank temperature or a minimum outdoor temperature or a combination of both.
  • tim smith
    tim smith Member Posts: 2,752
    Re: HBX controls

Thanks to you all for responding, it always makes me feel better when others have also jumped on board with controls I may be using for 1st time. Thanks again, Tim
This discussion has been closed.