Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

best high eff. gas boiler/ hot water heater

Options
mikedo
mikedo Member Posts: 174
ive been turning down most of the boiler jobs the last few years. i used to install the heat transfer boilers with an indirect. theirs so much new on the market now im not sure which way to go now. should i use a combi hw/ heater. heard some good things about the challenger. im not looking for the cheapest. i want to sell a reliable product with good tech support. just wanted to know what people are selling and how they like them. most jobs are under 5000sqft.

Comments

• meplumber
    meplumber Member Posts: 678
    Options
    Viessmann

Mike, I personally think that Viessmann is the best boiler on the market. It isn't the cheapest but is competitive. Their support and factory training are phenomenal.

What part of the country are you in?
  • mikedo
    Options

in conn. do they offer a combi unit.
  • mikedo
    Options

in conn. do they offer a combi unit.
  • bob eck
    bob eck Member Posts: 930
    Options
    Boiler gas / hot water heat

Take a look at Triangle Tube Prestige Excellence PE110 110,000 BTU input boiler with built in 14 gallon stainless steel indirect water heater that delivers 180 GPH domestic hot water. Use Delta 52655 1.5 GPM shower heads and you can run two showers at one time or run one 2.5 GPM shower head. Their Challenger combi boiler is ok but make sure you do not have hard water copper coil for domestic hot water is small. If no softener is used look at installing Cuno / Aquapure AP430 filter.
  • kcopp
    kcopp Member Posts: 4,433
    Options
    everyone....

has their favorite.... and that's good. I happen to Like the Smith GC160/ Embassy Onex. It comes in 2 models, a heat only and as a combi. I chose that unit because I have great representation from the factory and I like the flexibility of it. There are so many options that few people can learn every in and out of every model. Whatever you pick make sure to find out everything about the unit you can, because when/ if it has issues you are the one that the customer wants to fix it.
  • meplumber
    meplumber Member Posts: 678
    Options
    Yes

Viessmann has a combi.
  • gennady
    gennady Member Posts: 839
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Viessmann

Viessmann as a first choice, Slant Fin Bobcat with Combi Cat unit as a second (economy)
  • ColoradoDave
    ColoradoDave Member Posts: 54
    Options
    High Efficiency... Combo

My company likes the Triangle Tube line of boilers.   We only have two installations of the TT Excellence 110 under our belts though and already had to replace one of the DHW tanks because of a bad weld.

Now, I'm not saying that's a ding against Triangle Tube, because there's bound to be a manufacturing defect periodically.  But, changing the tank out was a real PITA, so we're not as gung-ho to put in anymore Excellence unless it's absolutely necessary.

Just had our 5th anniversary on our first Solo 110 install and have installed over 20 of them myself in the last 5 years.

Triangle Tube boiler (110, 175, 250) and a Heat-Flo Indirect is my choice.
This discussion has been closed.