Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

boiler controller

Options
Valsh
Valsh Member Posts: 4
My contractor recommended to install Honeywell L7224U1002 (120Vac oil Electronic Aquastat) vs Buderus Logamatic control 2107 with Buderus G115WS/4 boiler. Is this the right recommendation?

Thanks

Comments

• Paul Fredricks_3
    Paul Fredricks_3 Member Posts: 1,557
    Options
    not me

I'd install the Beckett Aquasmart. Buderus supplys them instead of the Logomatic.
  • R Mannino
    R Mannino Member Posts: 440
    Options
    As Dan says it depends

How much do you want to spend and what are you trying to do exactly?
  • Mac_R
    Mac_R Member Posts: 117
    Options
    Logamatic

Yes use the Logamatic control with the BFU room temp sensor.  What you do is put the main living space on constant circulation then any other zones you may have you just have them open with zone valves.  The comfort level of doing a system that way is beyond anything you have had before.  Little to no temp swing.  A true set and forget system.  Also if you do use the BFU the house tells the system what it needs.  Not the system fighting with the house.  If you do use the Logamatic then you will also need to use a Buderus indirect water heater.  I recommend the S120.  It is a 32 gallon vertical tank.  Set the tank for 130 degrees and use a mixing valve to take it down to 120 for sinks and showers.  You will not run out of hot water.  I have one customer him and his wife can take a shower at the same time and not run out of hot water.  I watched the system (doing some trouble shooting) after I asked him to turn on the showers so the indirect would call for heat.  After about 5 min the temp had only gone down by 1-2 degrees. 

Use the Logamatic control.  It is what makes Buderus Buderus.  Attached is a couple of photos of what I mean.  The first photo shows the first zone on constant circulation and zone 2 and 3 on a zone valve.  The second photo is just a close up of the Logamatic.  The third photo is of the S120 with a mixing valve. 
  • Valsh
    Options
    logomatic

Thanks
  • Valsh
    Options
    logomatic

Thanks
  • Valsh