Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Recent job photos

ScottMP
ScottMP Member Posts: 5,883
Been a while since I showed some photos of our work,

This customer called for a repair to his 1940's gas boiler. I told him I could do the repairs but it was really time for a new boiler. " Why ?" he asked. I told him all the reasons and he said " No one ever told me that before "  All these years and no one ever mentioned an upgrade ?

I mentioned that he has a Honda parked in his driveway that operates on natural gas " Oh yes, I love it " You have a clean burning efficient car and the biggest use of fuel in your house is 70 years old ?

I said I'l give you a quote for the repairs and a quote for a new system. Thats great he said but just so you know we'll go for the new boiler.

And so they did

Comments

• Mark Eatherton
    Mark Eatherton Member Posts: 5,852
    Good job Scott...

And good to see you as well.

ME

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• ScottMP
    edited April 2012
    I thought of you this Feb. Mark

We skied in Apen and as we left Denver we drove by the area that you and I met for beers that one time.

I was thinking of you .... and the beer :)

By the way Mark, thats a Lochinvar Knight with a Squire tank and A Wilo stratos with five Grudfos zones valves .. the house has cast iron radiators ... sweet set up,

The owners daughter told me they have been bringing friends in to see the system.
  • Henry
    Henry Member Posts: 998
    Danfoss

Those are Danfoss zone valves. It is a nice install and you are lucky that the customer was willing to spend the $$$. BTW, Grundfos makes a better and more reliable pump! Just saying from replacing competitors installs!
  • David Sutton_6
    David Sutton_6 Member Posts: 1,079
    Nice !

Lookin good Scott!  always nice and neat !!
  • Mark Eatherton
    Mark Eatherton Member Posts: 5,852
    Funny you should mention that place Scott...

I had lunch there the other day. It is no longer a beer brewery. It is now a whiskey distillery. Stranahans Colorado Whiskey. My new favorite stronger than beer drink of choice. The original owners are friends with my son in law, who owns 6 restaurants between here and California. Stranahans just sold out to the group that owns Jose Cuervo tequilla.

They still serve craft beers there, just not made there anymore.

Let me know the next time you'll be in town. Be glad to meet you there.

ME

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• scott markle_2
    scott markle_2 Member Posts: 611
    grundfoss red

I don't think grundfoss actually makes the valves but the name is stamped on the red motors covers. , the valves are very similar to caleffi which is very similar to tac erie. I think all these all valve bodies may be the same.

As fat as I know Danfoss does not manufacture this type zone valve, (fast acting synchronous motor with spring return.

I think scot would know what he has installed.
  • Ron Jr._3
    Ron Jr._3 Member Posts: 605
    You and your crew

install systems that are truly inspiring Scott ! The homeowner made a great choice in your company ! It's good to see you posting your top notch work . 
  • David Sutton_6
    edited April 2012
    the old days !!

when i started coming to the wall ( a long time ago ) there were new pictures of great installs everyday! That where i sharpened my skills, i would study the pictures and learn new ways of doing it, from guys like Scott, ! miss them old days

David

aka DrPepper
  • ScottMP
    Same here Dave

There where some truely inspiring jobs that raised the bar and made me look at my own work. I'll try and post more pictures of our work.

I remember Mark posting pictues of a radiant install where he installed radiant in the walls to get the desired output. I type " Why put it in the wall ? "

Marks answer was " Why not ? "

It opened my eyes and I have installed radiant in cielings and walls and done some nice work because of that.
  • David Sutton_6
    The best part

Was the feedback, yea there were a few boneheads.. But 99% of the feedback i got was instructive! without asking nothing in return these guys trained us, Made us think WHY are you doing it this way... and then challenge you to do better. And when i got a "That looks great" from some of these guys it was like i won the lottery, i would call my wife over to the computer and say Wow look what they said about my steamer !!
  • Paul48
    Paul48 Member Posts: 4,469
    Ever Notice?

Every time someone posts pictures of a new system, they are having problems with, it looks like the installer showed up, dumped a bucket of fittings on the floor, and started running pipe, with no plan at all. The difference is pride, and I'm sure you are very proud of your work. Beautiful Work!
  • ScottMP
    Thank You Paul

I truely appreciate that,
  • ScottMP
    By the way Henry

They are Grundfos zone valves .. thats what the lable says.

I have not had to repalce one of the Wilo ECM motors yet and I have some that are three years old.

The customer saw the value in what I was telling them. Yes they can afford it but no one haad explained the benifits to them. Sime times you just need to speak up.
This discussion has been closed.