Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Boiler Maintain.

Options
cunam
cunam Member Posts: 13
Hello All.

I'm confused about the way to maintain the boiler.Some people say that flush dirty water out of boiler just once per year because when you feed new water in,the minerals inside water will make the life of boiler shorter,but some people say flush dirty water out every 2 weeks,can you give me idea.Thanks.

Comments

• Alan (California Radiant) Forbes
    Options
    Waht kind of boiler?

Steam or hot water?
    8.33 lbs./gal. x 60 min./hr. x 20°ΔT = 10,000 BTU's/hour

Two btu per sq ft for degree difference for a slab
  • cunam
    Options
    Steam boiler

I use steam gas boiler.
  • nicholas bonham-carter
    nicholas bonham-carter Member Posts: 8,578
    Options
    Steam boiler maintainance

Post a picture here of your boiler, and we can tell you what needs to be done as far as regular maintenance.

Generally, the boiler drain at the bottom of the boiler will need a small amount drained from it a couple of times a season to remove sediment from the boiler ( a couple of gallons).

The low water cut off however, needs to be drained once a week. Open the valve until the water runs clear, and this will remove sediment in the float-chamber which could prevent it from shutting off the boiler if the water level should be too low.

The water in the boiler can stay in it from one year to the next, as it does not wear out.--nbc
  • cunam
    Options
    Thanks.

I guess I know what to do now.
  • David Sutton_6
    David Sutton_6 Member Posts: 1,079
    Options
    Inside also

this guy told me that they dont need to be cleaned..... hmmm think he needs to rethink that statement

David

aka DrPepper
This discussion has been closed.