Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Peerless PureFire Important FYI!

Options
Peerless PureFire Important FYI!

<span>The flue sensor grommet on the PF-210 & PF-399 boiler may become dry rotted causing the sensor to become dislodged from the flue, this may cause products of combustion (condensation)to leak into the cabinet and these leaks may cause deterioration and failure of the components within the jacket such as the combustion blower and controller. </span>

<span> 

Looking for this is very simple. By removing 2  5/16ths screws from the left side panel the panel can easily be removed. You will be able to see if the flue sensor is intact or not. If you find the grommet to be dry rooted or showing signs of dry rotting contact your Peerless Rep. and they will get you the new grommet that should correct this condition. </span>

<span> 

Peerless has written a bulletin that will be distributed in the very near future.

</span>

There was an error rendering this rich post.

Comments

• j a_2
    j a_2 Member Posts: 1,801
    Options
    great info

One of the reasons I enjoy this site is getting info like this...It just so happened I was doing a normal yearly service on a mod/con today...First thing I did was observe...And what I found was the flue sensor removed and just dangling,access door was open...Went on with my normal procedure but could not help but notice the corrosion build up inside the cabinet, at first I thought it was a overheat condition...and actually still did until I came upon your so very help-full posting...I  did infom my customer about the sensor being removed, and he was very concerned and started asking a lot of questions about the possible effects of the flue gas's into his home...I did not want to go there so I talked around it...I was there to service the unit...This was not a peerless...but similar...
This discussion has been closed.