Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Bad Pressuretrol??

Options
cwaz
cwaz Member Posts: 22
My pressuretrol is currently set to cut in at approximately 1.5 and out at about 3 (the lowest the pressuretrol is able to set out without opening the contacts on the switch)  Today I cleaned out the pigtails and all attached piping and installed a low pressure gauge (1-5psi) in addition to the 1-30psi required by code.  I babysat the boiler as it cycled and noticed that despite the cut out being slightly below 3 it did not cut off until 4.5psi as read by both gauges.   Anyone have any idea what the issue here may be?   Thanks for any info.

Comments

• gerry gill
    gerry gill Member Posts: 3,078
    Options
    yea, these controls have serious

calibration issues these days..if i were a controls company, i'd make a good one and corner the market..there has to be some small controls company that can step up to the plate..the pressure controls available today suck..maybe thats harsh..they draw a deep vacuum.
    gwgillplumbingandheating.com
    Serving Cleveland's eastern suburbs from Cleveland Heights down to Cuyahoga Falls.

• nicholas bonham-carter
    nicholas bonham-carter Member Posts: 8,576
    Options
    Pressuretrol disappointments

Not harsh, just a true statement of fact.

Maybe a manometer, with a light beam detecting the rise and fall of the water in the tube could be used to control the pressure.

My experience with the new one supplied with the boiler was frustrating. As I adjusted it lower and lower, the linkage became disconnected, and allowed the pressure to shoot up to 10 psi. This was before the installation of my massive main venting. I immediately went out and bought a vapors that.--NBC
This discussion has been closed.