Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

oilboiler with indirect hot water tank help for dad

Options
rfeltre
rfeltre Member Posts: 4
Guys,

My dad who live in Croton, ny 10520 and is having a lot of issues with his oil boiler and indirect hot water tank system. One of the three zones from his boiler keeps getting hot even though that zone is not calling for heat. According to my dad when he manually shuts that zone off with a ball value that the pressure in the boiler rizes. he also told me that according to contractor number two that his that his indirect hot water heater was originally piped in incorrectly and the wrong size pump was used. Contractor number two believes that there is a leak in the zone but the pipes in that zone are unaccesable. I was wondering if any of you know of a plumbing contractor in the area that can help him out, Thanks Rick.

Comments

• chapchap70
    chapchap70 Member Posts: 139
    Options
    Find A Contractor comes up with...

http://www.heatinghelp.com/professional/236/Frank-Lindy-Service-Co

I don't live up there and don't know the company but it is within 5 miles of your Dad's zip code according to the site.
  • rfeltre
    Options
    thank you

Thanks but looking for some input with experience with a company. Jim Pompetti out of Media, PA said I would gets some feedback from customers and contractors as well.
  • rfeltre
    Options
    help?

anybody have any help for my dad?
  • furnacefigher15
    furnacefigher15 Member Posts: 514
    Options
    I don't

Know anyone in that area, but why are you un-happy with contractor #2? Do they seem lost, or unsure?
  • rfeltre
    Options
    help.

Dad want's to get another opinion before he starts the process of determining if there is a leak on the zone. He thinks he would just have contractor two bypass the zone in question by connecting the supply directly to the return to determine if the zone is the issue. Thanks. Any input or referrals would be appreciated.
  • furnacefigher15
    furnacefigher15 Member Posts: 514
    Options
    Leak

If a leak is suspected, he may try closing the supply's and returns to the other zones. Turn the boiler off and let it cool. Once cool, turn off the feed water and see if it drops in pressure with only the zone in question open for flow.

Is he zoning with valves, or pumps?
  • Paul48
    Paul48 Member Posts: 4,469
    Options
    Personally

As a homeowner.......I would feel confident selecting a contractor that lists his business here. To put yourself out there in front of your peers, tells me you are proud of your work and skills. I wish some were closer to my location.
This discussion has been closed.