Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

30 PSI

MikeyD
MikeyD Member Posts: 1
The pressure is too high in my boiler so the pressure relief valve is opening and spurting out a little water. I bled the radiators and the pressure went back down. A couple days later it is back to 30 psi. Not really sure but does this mean my expansion tank is waterlogged? should I drain it? ...or just call a professional?

Comments

• Paul Fredricks_3
    Paul Fredricks_3 Member Posts: 1,557
    maybe

Could be your expansion tank is full. Could also be that the water feeder that let's water into the system is leaking by. Could also be a problem with your hot water coil or indirect water heater, depending on what you have. When in doubt, call a pro!
  • KCA_2
    KCA_2 Member Posts: 308
    Might also be...

That the expansion tank  is charged to high..

I went out on a service call where the boiler was doing the same thing...  The home owner had the expansion tank replaced a few months prior...  It was a domestic tank...  they come precharged at +- 55 psi...  and the installer never checked the pressure  he just installed it..    It's a good tank to use...  it won't rust...  but the pressure needed to be more in line with the system so I lowered it to +- 18psi & the boiler was fine after that...

It's not likely the problem but it could be so might as well consider it...

:-)  KCA

Hope that I helped
    :-) Ken
This discussion has been closed.