Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Pipe hangers

Over the past months I have been tweeking my one pipe system and the last task is to replace the pipe hangers and reinsulate.  The system is generally quiet with the exception of some expansion/contraction noise at one or two pipe hanger locations and at two risers where they penetrate the first floor.  All of the noise is at one main with a 90 degree bend.

The existing pipe hangers look to be original - they are just bent heavy wire tacked up with nails to the floor framing.  I would like to install new hangers that will allow the pipes to translate better.

As a starting point can anyone suggest a hanger type and manufacturer?  Also, some guidance regarding hanger locations?



  • Rod
    Rod Posts: 2,067
    Pipe Hangers

    Hi- I would try McMaster Carr, http://www.mcmaster.com/#  Type in pipe hangers in the search slot. They list many different types. I use the type where "all thread" rods are used as that gives easy adjustability.  MCmaster Carr's prices are pretty good though once you decide what you want you could check locally at your plumbing or electrical supply house to see if they supply that type and are competitive.

    - Rod
This discussion has been closed.