Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

epa rule on r-22

is it still legal per the epa, to recover r-22 from an owner's unit that you know is clean (no burnouts,etc.),and put it into another unit owned by the same owner?for example you are installing a new dry r-22 unit can you take the refrigerant out of what is going to become the old unit,and charge it in to the new unit?

Comments

• don_9
    don_9 Member Posts: 395
    epa.

Truthfully who cares if it is or not.Not like they police it anyway..But to answer your question it fine by them.I am so over this recovery thing.not that i dont do it bc we do, it just that new guages,new leak detector,learning the glide on the new blends,etc.

It hard enough out here to make any money doing things right can we at least find a blend and stick with it for at least tens years

How about the price of r22 going up again.double in two weeks time.And people think they are paying alot for gas for their autos.Sticker shock coming up this summer.
  • ddlong1286@yahoo.com
    [email protected] Member Posts: 139
    Never legal

Been a while, but it was never legal to pull any refrigerant from one customer's unit and install it in another customers unit. I can pull refrigerant from a customers unit and install in the same customers other equipment all day.

Refrigerant is supposed to be ceritfied to ARI 700? if it changes ownership.

Now what happens in the real world like another respondent said........

Don in MO
This discussion has been closed.