Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Viessmann oil fired boiler running real low wtr temp!

Options
<strong>How is it possible I have an oil fired boiler running like a condensing boiler!!!</strong> Here is my story; I replaced my boiler with a Viessmann Vitorond and added the Vitotronic reset control on it. I had some trouble getting the control set up properly and the reset function working. After taking to the local rep I was put in touch with the guy at the factory who helped design the reset control for the boiler and set it up per his recommendations. But what I dont get is he had me set one of the dip switches for the min. water temp to 85 deg and not the 131 deg setting like i figured i would need, because it not a condensing boiler! The thing has been running for weeks now maintaining around 115 deg on a 30 deg day with flue temp about 300 deg heating the house just fine. I keep checking on the thing every couple of day and there is no water on the floor or anything dripping out around the flue piping. I asked someone else who has been installing Viessmann for a while and he said that the reset control is only made for that boiler, so if it has a setting for it, it must be ok and maybe because the flame is still the same temp all the time and doesnt modulate like a gas boiler that can turn it self down. Does anyone agree with this or do you think I have a disaster on my hand?

There was an error rendering this rich post.

Comments

• CMadatMe
    CMadatMe Member Posts: 3,086
    Options
    Welcome

To the world of Viessmann. Enjoy the fuel savings and comfort. Boiler will be fine. The SS insert is the key. Boiler gets to steady state rather quick. Keeps your flue gases from cooling quickly as they pass through the iron.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

This discussion has been closed.