Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Entran 2

Options
dave66
dave66 Member Posts: 1
I have a house in Steamboat Springs that has Entran 2  I am getting mixed information as to whether all Entran 2 is bad and should be replaced.  A buyer is looking at this house and has asked for our help.  I have been told that some Entran 2 was not made by Goodyear and is not a problem.  Is this fact or fiction?  Some have even said they have it and it has not failed in 20 years but can I be sure that a buyer of a 4 million dollar

house is not going to have real issues in the future be it distant or near?  Please help me find the info I look for.

Thanks

Comments

• icesailor
    icesailor Member Posts: 7,265
    Options

No one can tell you for sure that it will or will not fail.

I looked at a house to buy in 1999 and nothing was said about the Entran tubing in the house. But I wondered why there were all these patches in the ceilings. When I went to the cellar, there was miles of it, with many loops disconnected. I didn't buy the house.

I looked at a house last Fall to take on. Nothing mentioned by the owner about Entran but it was radiant when he bought it. I looked in a closet and the ceiling was missing and orange spaghetti in the ceilings. When I went back in the boiler room, there were two circuits disconnected. They most often leaked at the connections and a new clamp didn't fix it.

If you look around, there is a 1992 series date that I understand was part of the problem and any tube in that run may be a problem. Colorado was the epicenter of the problem. Folks from Colorado should be able to point you in the right direction.

The house I liked at to buy was owned and built by a Plumbing & Heating Wholesaler. It was really a nice home and very valuable. But the price was lower than I thought it should be in its location and the things in the house. The house finally sold a year later at a deep discount.

If the house has Entran 2, and a deep discount could be had in the price, I'd buy the place if it was a value and you had the cash to fix the Entran if you had to.

Good luck on the information.
This discussion has been closed.