Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Clogged oil lines

Options
PARTSMAN
PARTSMAN Member Posts: 3
We just discontinued using an old standby to clean clogged oil lines.Other than CO2 cartridges and hand pumps, does any one have a solution that does not involve"toxic chemicals? The lines are 3/8" or 1/2" for gravity or vacuum, above ground or buried.

Comments

• STEVEusaPA
    STEVEusaPA Member Posts: 6,505
    Options

I've never used anything but ye olde push/pull pump.  If you cant clear it with that, I feel it needs to be replaced.  Why would anyone use a C02 cartridge, especially on a buried line?  That's way more pressure then the fuel line is rated for, in my opinion.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• billtwocase
    billtwocase Member Posts: 2,385
    Options
    agree with Steve

I have always used my Sids push/pull pump. If that doesn't do the trick, and never has failed me, run new lines. 
  • icesailor
    icesailor Member Posts: 7,265
    Options
    COPD in oil lines:

I (horrors) always use my El Cheapo air compressor from an El Cheapo tool supply. IT will do 150# but I back off the regulator to 15# and have at it. I blow it either way. From the tank to the burner or the other way around. I blow it into my oil bucket. 15# (horrors) will never blow a line and if it blows, I will know it. I have had a CO2 blower outer but that thing will make some humongous pressure if the line is plugged.

My portable air compressor (the El Cheapo One) is the most important power tool in my truck. It weighs less than 50# and I have hoses and fittings to do anything.

Those CO2 "shots" are expensive.

Because I test everything I do, sometimes as I go along, the CO2 cartridges would never cut it for me.
This discussion has been closed.