Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

I am a former customer of Audio Reserve

Do you still do audio repair?You fixed my Adcom 555 II .Would you do a repair on this in your spare time.If not could you recommend someone.Thank you for your time.

Sincerely ,

Leslie M Scott

Comments

• lmscott5011
    lmscott5011 Member Posts: 2
    Edit on prior post

It was Western Reserve Audio Design     
  • Long Beach Ed
    Long Beach Ed Member Posts: 1,241
    Is it...

Is it blowing steam? 
  • ttekushan_3
    ttekushan_3 Member Posts: 960
    Okay, that's weird.

I was just saying not two days ago that there's a bizarre quality to having been deeply involved in high-end audio.  One of those qualities is that I just never know when a wayward piece of my hi-fi past is going pop up unexpectedly.

But I wasn't quite expecting this version.   I have contacted you off line with recommendations.  I'm sure your Adcom can be healed.

I wonder if Dan Holohan is a closet "hi-fi" nut, as the likelihood of posting an amplifier question on a hydronic heating site getting you the result you were looking for seems nil, at first glance.  Ah, the miracle of teh internets!

Terry T

steam; proportioned minitube; trapless; jet pump return; vac vent. New Yorker CGS30C

• ttekushan_3
    ttekushan_3 Member Posts: 960
    steam and audio

Steam heat and high-end audio are more related than you might think.  Vacuum steam heating and vacuum tubes;  Both radiators and class-a (or tube) amps produce radiant heat that give you a warm feeling all over;  You can re-tube an amplifier and you can re-tube a steel boiler. 

The relationship may be obtuse, but it's there.  I'm sure of it. ;-)

The relationship goes further.   --Steam heating systems operate on steam, and the trouble only occurs when the steam escapes.  --Audio electronics operate on smoke, and the trouble only occurs when the smoke escapes.  See?

I have even more observations, but this is about the point someone tells me to just stop.

Terry T

steam; proportioned minitube; trapless; jet pump return; vac vent. New Yorker CGS30C

• Jean-David Beyer
    Jean-David Beyer Member Posts: 2,666
    Steam heat people are not narrow-minded.

I have friends who operate steam railroad locomotives. Retubing one of those boilers is not joke. The things are so large (even theirs are comparatively small and operate at between 150 and 175 pse) that the fire tubes are not bolted or screwed in  They are just put in place and then the ends are rolled in place (expanded in diameter) with a special tool. And their work must be inspected by a representative of Hartford before they can operate it. Inspection involves filling the boiler right up to the top and applying pressure double the operating pressure for a while and checking for leaks and pressure drops. This technique because welding the tubes in, even if legal, would cause the tubes to break from stretching (not right away, but from fatigue).

I am guilty of having designed a vacuum tube amplifier using push-pull parallel 5881 vacuum tubes running in class A. Terribly inefficient, but great sound. And now I have a sub-woofer loudspeaker with a class D amplifier in it. When I was designing vacuum tube stuff, there was no such thing as class D.
This discussion has been closed.