Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

WM Ultra 155 - DH Timer

Options
I have a WM Ultra 155 w/ direct hot water heater, I want to know if there is a way to use the boiler U-Control to set time that DHW makes hot water; say turning off during night and starting up in the morning.

I bought a Taco clock timer w/ aqua stat but this is to be connected to the pump, but I'm worried how that would work w/ the U-Control ? I'm thinking the boiler would be calling for the DHW to make, and yet the Timer would be cutting power to the circa pump that moves DHW?

There has to be a way the the U-Control can preform this duty? Help please...

Comments

• swr
    swr Member Posts: 3
    Options
    kiss

brian,there should be no reason to put a nite set back control on ur indirect tank.the reason being that an indirect doesnt have a chimney. This means that stand by losses are minimal,because there is nothing to siphon off the heat its like putting coffee in a thermos.By shutting it off over nite you'd only make it run longer in the morning,and be adding 1 more thing to break to the control circuit.your fuel savings would be small if any .If you have a re-circ. pump that would make sense to shut off over nite. If you have gravity feeding on your hot water potable side you can insulate it.Or better yet ,pipe in an elephants trunk[reverse trap] to prevent it.
  • STEVEusaPA
    STEVEusaPA Member Posts: 6,506
    Options
    also

In all likelyhood, if you have no hot water drips/leaks, your indirect probably wont even run the boiler over night.
    steve
This discussion has been closed.