Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Webstone Balldrain

ChrisJ
ChrisJ Member Posts: 16,132
When I redid the plumbing in my house a few months ago I finally had enough of having to drain everything the hard way (usually down my arm) after cutting a pipe so I bought one of these.  I only had to use it one time so far when I hooked in the new water heater, but I loved it.

I'm curious how often these are used this way?
Single pipe quasi-vapor system. Typical operating pressure 0.14 - 0.43 oz. EcoSteam ES-20 Advanced Control for Residential Steam boilers. Rectorseal Steamaster water treatment

Comments

• What is it?

??-nbc
  • ChrisJ
    ChrisJ Member Posts: 16,132
    edited February 2012
    What is it

Its a ball valve with a second ball valve + hose connection which is connected right after my water meter. It allows me to shut the water off and drain all of the water out of the system via a hose before doing any work. I don't trust the valves that have the little cap + rubber in it to seal. This seemed like a much nicer solution.

http://www.webstonevalves.com/default.aspx?page=customer&file=customer/wecoin/customerpages/ball_drain_details.htm
    Single pipe quasi-vapor system. Typical operating pressure 0.14 - 0.43 oz. EcoSteam ES-20 Advanced Control for Residential Steam boilers. Rectorseal Steamaster water treatment
  • Webstone
    Webstone Member Posts: 1
    Glad you like it!

I'm pleased to see that you’ve enjoyed your experience with the Webstone Ball Drain (5061/4061 Series) This valve is a great alternative to field assembling the 4 otherwise necessary components. It eliminates 3 leak paths, and by our calculations, saves approximately 30 minutes of labor. The product features a unique 3-way ball valve and reversible handle, which allows for drainage from either side of ball. We designed this and many other labor saving products with you, the contractor, in mind. We constantly listen to every word that contractors have to say about their daily routines and the many walls that they run into.

This is just one of the many labor saving products available to you in our Pro-Pal line of step saving valves, which also includes solutions for Expansion Tanks, Purging/Filling Systems and Closely Spaced Tees. The line is continually growing and evolving so we invite you to learn more! Please visit our website www.webstonevalves.com/pro-pal for a complete list of labor saving solutions. We love to hear stories such as yours; if you are ever interested in providing us with more direct feedback, we’d appreciate hearing from you. We can be reached via phone at (800) 225-9529 or by emailing sales@webstonevalves.com.
This discussion has been closed.