Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Baxi Luna 24 fi Some Hot Water

Options
TXT
TXT Member Posts: 3
Hi,

I have a Baxi Luna 24 fi that's giving me issues with hot water in the bathroom and kitchen.  The unit provides hot air without any issues (unit ignites).  However, if I turn on the washer (setting to hot), the unit ignites and provides hot water (DHW icon on panel lights up).  Then I can turn on the hot water in the bathroom and shut off the washer and the unit continues to work until I turn off the hot water in the bathroom.  So this morning, I turned on the shower then started and stopped the washer to start the hot water process.

So everything works (hot air and washer) except for the hot water in the bathroom and kitchen.

I don't have an English manual.  I found one online but it's in Italian and Spanish and tried translating it, but it's quite difficult to follow.

Your help is much appreciated.

Thanks,

TXT

Comments

• TXT
    Options
    Flow Issue?

I found out that if I turned on 2 taps at the same time (e.g. bathroom tap and shower), the tankless ignites.  So I'm assuming there's an issue with the flow or the flow sensor.  Any suggestions?

Thanks,

TXT
  • TXT
    Options
    Fixed

It was the diaphragm.  It was pretty much worn down to jello.  Replaced the entire DHW pressurestat and works fine.
  • zacmobile
    zacmobile Member Posts: 211
    Options
    daphragm

I find that 9/10 baxi services that I do are the diaphragms. I was told by the distributor 5 years tops lifespan for them. In this day and age of miracle polymers why can't they come up with something more durable in this application than butyl rubber? Silicone or something? I usually try to carry about a dozen or so in stock, looks like it's about time to reorder actually...
This discussion has been closed.