Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Burnham Baseray with Vacuum Steam

Options
Hi y'all,

Tombig from the old days here with a query. Looked at a job recently, Historic ten story. Vacuum two pipe. Condo remodeler wants to remove standing iron and replace with Baseray. All piping 3/4" in and 1/2"out and routed relatively level through the subfloor. I haven't met the engineer yet but I assume he may have some rebuilt return traps for me to use.

In my research I haven't found a length limitation for two pipe. My longest is 14ft straight run replacing two rads. I would pipe as one plugging radiator two tees. If I'm careful about excess piping on the steam side I'm thinking I should be OK.

I've run plenty of Baseray before but only for hot water. Any hints or suggestions would sure be appreciated.

Tom Goebig

Delta T Mechanical

Chicago

Comments

• nicholas bonham-carter
    nicholas bonham-carter Member Posts: 8,576
    Options
    replace radiators with baseray?

is this for the whole building, or just one condo? if it is only 1 condo, it would be better to keep the same radiators as the rest of the building. otherwise the thermal mass will be different, and someone will be too cold, and others will be too warm!--nbc
  • Tombig_8
    Tombig_8 Member Posts: 15
    Options
    Hi Rise Vacuum

Just one condo unit. 8th floor I believe. My piping is exposed, my output calcs are on, I see no problem. These buildings typically provide ample steam and rely on owner supplied TRV's for regulation. Does anyone know of one that fits well with CIBB?
This discussion has been closed.