Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

old flanged circulator

Options
jim_160
jim_160 Member Posts: 24
I came upon a leaky circulator in an older system. The boiler and associated piping and controls is vintage 50's. The complaint is water lecking around impellor hosing where it mates up to circulator body. I' ve tried several different gasket, but it still leaks! Is there an epoxy or universal gasket that would seal this?

Comments

• Steve Whitbeck
    Steve Whitbeck Member Posts: 669
    Options
    leak

It may be leaking because the shaft seal is bad.
  • Ed N.Y.C.
    Ed N.Y.C. Member Posts: 73
    Options
    Leak

Bearing assy. bad  change it               ED N.Y.C.
  • Ed N.Y.C.
    Ed N.Y.C. Member Posts: 73
    Options
    Leak

Bearing assy. bad  change it               ED N.Y.C.
  • jim_160
    jim_160 Member Posts: 24
    Options
    old circ.

Thanks for your reply. The leak is definately at the body of circ. It's likely not the original bearing assembly. The assembly on it now is a BG 189-105. How does the assembly go bad at that particular connection? Heat warp?
  • icesailor
    icesailor Member Posts: 7,265
    Options
    Leaking Circulator

The cost of the bearing assembly for that B&G Series 100 in-line circulator is about what a Taco 007 wet rotar circulator is and is a direct replacement. You will need to drain the system either way.
  • billtwocase
    billtwocase Member Posts: 2,385
    Options
    if changing the circ complete

you may want to measure the flanges first. Can't remember what vintage B&G, but they had smaller flanges that will not accept a new pump. In that case, you will have to replace them both. Cost wise, I chnage the whole pump. Even reman has gotten costly
This discussion has been closed.