Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Honeywell wireless for Taco ZVC

Options
Bill_89-2
Bill_89-2 Member Posts: 2
Greetings,

I apologise for what might seem like a dumb question.

I am designing a system using a Taco ZVC404 panel that will activate 4 valves in a manifold.

Of the various options available, it has been recommended that I can use the Honeywell system. However, I am confused about how this hooks up to the Taco panel.

If I use the Wireless Zoning Adapter Kit, YTH6320R1023, for zone control it seems to me that the Adapter will only work with the Honeywell TrueZONE panel, not the Taco ZVC404.

So, I get something like this:

==

Thermostat -> Wireless adapter -> TrueZONE panel -> valves

==

Can this happen?

==

Thermostat -> Wireless adapter ->Taco ZVC404 -> valves

==

If I use the Wireless thermostat kit, it seems that I need one kit for each zone, as the Equipment Interface Module only seems to handle one zone.

==

Thermostat -> EIM -> Taco -> valve

==

Times four?

Neither the Honeywell literature nor the Taco literature makes this clear, unless I am not too smart or I am missing something obvious.

Any insight would be appreciated.

TIA,

Bill

Comments

• icesailor
    icesailor Member Posts: 7,265
    Options
    Honeywell Wireless W/ Taco Zone Valves:

I did something like this in an antique brick house that needed to have radiant zones split and no way to run thermostat wires. I used the Honeywell Wireless controller and wireless thermostats that fed  to a Taco ZV 503. I needed a wireless connection from the third floor to the cellar and no one made a wireless connector, Honeywell or Taco. I was told to use a Rib Wireless Relay but it didn't transmit any farther than the floor below. Possibly because of the copper coils plastered in the ceiling. But the Honeywell Wireless had no problem. I ended up finding a way to run a wire to the boiler.

What you want to do is very doable.
This discussion has been closed.