Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

peerless pinnacle

Options
Pete_36
Pete_36 Member Posts: 19
Does peerless still sell the pinnacle. I know it was a rebadged munchkin. They dont sell the munchkin anymore but they still have the pinnacle? Any thoughts,

Comments

• 71Gibby
    71Gibby Member Posts: 2
    Options
    Peerless

Does anyone know of a way to get ahold of some sort of tech support for Peerless boilers?

I have a PI-140 that is giving me fits. It lights off then drops out, lights off, then drops out.

The flame signal prior to dropping out exceeds 4.0. I have checked all grounds and am unsure what I am missing.

My Minnesota Rep, of which I left a message with (36 hours ago) has not returned my call of yet, assuming they are quite busy with the cold snap we have here.

Any info is GREATLY appreciated!
  • Slimpickins
    Slimpickins Member Posts: 339
    Options
    fault codes

Are you getting any fault codes. Have you checked out the heat exchanger and burner? I believe the Peerless is a Munchkin in a green container so follow the Munchkin service procedures. If the heat exchanger hasn't been cleaned lately, it probably needs it and its a good time to check the burner. Here is a recent  thread about that: http://www.heatinghelp.com/forum-thread/139512/The-Munchkin-80m-walk-of-shame
  • Alan R. Mercurio_3
    Alan R. Mercurio_3 Member Posts: 1,620
    Options
    Re: Peerless

David A. Scearce, P.E.

PB Heat, LLC

PH: 610-369-3260

E-mail: ScearceD@PBHeat.com

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• icesailor
    icesailor Member Posts: 7,265
    Options
    Peerless Pinnicle:

Peerless Pinnicle is an Irish Munchkin.

I'm sure it is to old to have the 926 controller.

It hasn't been serviced properly since installed. It will need a thorough cleaning and repair. It will need the drain cleaned, a target wall, door refractory and a new burner tube because the old one is probably cracked.

It's not something that a homeowner can easily do.

Where do you live?
  • AFred
    AFred Member Posts: 81
    Options
    Peerless

Do you live in the Minneapolis/St Paul area?
  • 71Gibby
    71Gibby Member Posts: 2
    Options
    Thanks

Thanks for info, It has been a few yrs since I have been out in the field personally and now have the opportunity again.

I know exactly what you are talking about in regards to cleaning hx and drainage system. The thing I totally forgot about was the screws on the burner and cleaning them to provide  a path for proper rectification.

Thanks for the help again!!

PS. I work in the Mankato area.
This discussion has been closed.