Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Buderus panel rad question

Options
Ron Jr._3
Ron Jr._3 Member Posts: 603
I installed one in my living room last year . It has the manual flow setter valve under a cap . I know to line up the marking with a number or with N for full flow . But what exactly does the cap do ? It has a + and - sign and arrows indicating to loosen the cap brings it in the + area . Any idea what that does ? It does seem to push in a stud that's spring loaded . The instructions that came with it and the one online don't even address the cap at all .

Thanks in advance !

Comments

• kcopp
    kcopp Member Posts: 4,441
    Options
    That Cap....

pretty much actvates what you set is up to. Very crude adjustment. More or less its  its a shipping cap.  You would prob be better off getting a TRV for it.
  • Ron Jr._3
    Options
    Thanks Kev

I'm looking for full flow / highest temp . I'm guessing if the cap is loose the temp will be higher ?

It's connected into a baseboard zone with monoflow tees . Might install another this weekend in the kitchen . Hopefully .........
  • Paul Pollets
    Paul Pollets Member Posts: 3,656
    Options
    Shipping cap

It is a shipping cap to protect the circuit setter. Replace it with the correct TRV.
  • Ron Jr._3
    Options
    Thanks Paul

I'll look into a TRV . Since the rad is in the coldest room on the zone , I really don't need more specific control . Just full flow / highest temp . So if I set to N and leave the cap loose so it doesn't push in the spring loaded pin , I get what I'm looking for ? 
  • tim smith
    tim smith Member Posts: 2,765
    Options
    Re: Buderus valve cap

Ron, Buderus also has a white knob that looks more like a trv knob but just used to turn on and off. Thats what I would do if you want this going full all the time. Leaving the balance ring in N position is full flow as I remember also. Good luck.
  • Alan (California Radiant) Forbes
    Options
    TRV

Hi Ron:

Yes, leaving that cap loose allows the valve to be in the fully open position.
    8.33 lbs./gal. x 60 min./hr. x 20°ΔT = 10,000 BTU's/hour

Two btu per sq ft for degree difference for a slab
This discussion has been closed.