Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

end switch for zone valve v8043

Joseph_4 Member Posts: 271

Does anyone know where to buy an endswitch for Honeywell V8043 Zone valve

or maybe a part number.




  • ChasMan
    ChasMan Member Posts: 462
    Honeywell End Switch.

    Here are part numbers / UPC etc. For Zone Valves amde after 1978. If it is pre-1978. I would buy a lottery ticket.

    V8043 Series Zone Valves


    End Switch for Valves


    2HDC1, HON272744B, 272744B




  • Joseph_4
    Joseph_4 Member Posts: 271
    Do You know where I can buy the part?

    Thanks for the part number, my plumbing supply doesn't sell it. do you know where I can buy it?


  • ChasMan
    ChasMan Member Posts: 462

    Granger among others, Bing that SKU / part number, there are a few places.
  • billtwocase
    billtwocase Member Posts: 2,385
    I've gotten them

    thru Sid Harvey. Might be best to replace the motor also. Those usually go before the end switches
  • Slimpickins
    Slimpickins Member Posts: 339
    end switch

    Usually its the linkage that engages the end switch that wears out. In my 20+ years I only tried to replace one end switch and what a hassle that was only to discover the linkage was bad. If you have the old 4 screw zone valve, buy a complete new zone valve and replace the plunger plate with your new 2 screw zone valve plunger assembly and attach the new head to it. If you have the newer 2 screw style, just buy the replacement head.
  • Paul Fredricks_3
    Paul Fredricks_3 Member Posts: 1,557
    I'm with Slim

    Why deal with the end switch. It is a pain.

    Unless you have a lo of free time. If you have a lot of extra time, go for it. if you have a lot of extra money, send it to me :)
  • Joseph_4
    Joseph_4 Member Posts: 271
    Thanks for the info

    As always, Heating help comes through in the clutch. thanks for all your responses

This discussion has been closed.