Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

slimelime baseboard

Options
steve b_27
steve b_27 Member Posts: 20
Have a zone of older slime line base board heat could not get any flow through it due rust accumulation inside tubing .Tryed to flush out but keeps clogging up .Unfortunatly the tubing I cant identify .It is exactly  7/16 o.d.The tubing is joined with a ferral and a brass sleave inside the tube the base board has short threaded nipples top and bottom of the baseboard.The tubing is early version of pex but doesnt explain why there is rust stuck to the inside of the tubing?Can anyone help to identify the brand of tubing and baseboard at least  15-20 years old.The tubing is the problem so if i could get my hands on some new material could solve problem. 

Comments

• Al Corelli_2
    Al Corelli_2 Member Posts: 395
    Options
    Your Baseboard

Is your baseboard aluminum?

We service a few of those systems out there. I absolutely DREAD when they leak or clog.

I remove the offending baseboard, soak it in CLR, then flush it out. Be careful, if the baseboard is thin, it might leak. There is no replacement that we have been able to find.

No marking on the product. I was told it was from europe.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• kcopp
    kcopp Member Posts: 4,444
    Options
    I'll bet you....

it has nothing to do w/ the baseboard but everything to do that that pex tubing is NON barrier. It is prob corroding out everything ferrous in the system.
This discussion has been closed.