Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

looking for a replacement direct vent boilers

Options
clammy
clammy Member Posts: 3,113
Again looking  at a job to replace a 30 year old hydrotherm wall hung celtic promblem being my local supply house which had carried and stocked parts  has dropped baxi completly and have also returned all service parts in stock.There are a few larger supply houses around which will get them and embassy wall hungs also  but do not stock squat and from past experences have always dropped the ball when it comes to just about everything so i usually do not deal with them knowing that they stock no service parts for any wall hung or condensing boilers that they sell and the local rep truely sucks ,I was thinking about using a peerless PSC2 seal combustion boiler but am worried about power vent noise being the first floor tenant is ranting about the noise from the existing celtic .On another note the water chemestery is awful super hard and the original piping is terrible 2 zones with one 3/4 feed unit is a 2nd /3rd floor unit heat lose about 55mbtu .If any one has used the peerless psc2 did you think it was quite as say compared to a slantfin direct vent which in my book is as load as a bolt in a hub cap .peace and good luck clammy
R.A. Calmbacher L.L.C. HVAC
NJ Master HVAC Lic.
Mahwah, NJ
Specializing in steam and hydronic heating

Comments

• bob eck
    bob eck Member Posts: 930
    Options
    condensing gas boiler

take a look at Triangle Tube Prestige Solo + Prestige Excellence and their new Challenger boiler. www.triangletube.com  where are you located at?
  • tim smith
    tim smith Member Posts: 2,770
    Options
    I second the TT solo boiler

It is one of the quietest and been super reliable for us. Great tech support and people at Triangle also. Their new control board is due out very shortly (any day now) and it is a nice control. The old mcba they had has been pretty darn good also. Good luck
  • clammy
    clammy Member Posts: 3,113
    Options
    sorry non condensimg

Sorry this is a application  for a non condensing unit There are no trapped fixtures;laundry rooms etc any where in the area to get rid of the condensate  and cutting into a stack 40 feet away and cutting a y in and the  required  trap primer and such is out of the question and all would have to go through  the condo association   .The other reason being this is a hi temp system where they did not install enough baseboard in a lot of areas and all those areas are non accessibility's i doubt it would be in the condensing mode even early in the season to justify it .If i where to do a mod con it would probably be a peerless pure fire being i have a more reliable source in case of service issues as for triangle tube i have installed a few and they are nice  but the supplier that sells them in my area or i would get it from  does not stock parts which to me is a issue i mean any body can sell any thing but if you don't stock any parts what good is it for the guy installing and servicing them and what about the customer .Peace and good luck clammy
    R.A. Calmbacher L.L.C. HVAC
    NJ Master HVAC Lic.
    Mahwah, NJ
    Specializing in steam and hydronic heating
  • kcopp
    kcopp Member Posts: 4,444
    edited January 2012
    Options
    I have had..

good luck w/ the Embassy Axia... it is VERY quiet. This day and age parts should be a day away. Embassy is out on LI... near you?  Another choice (although  I have not installed one) is the Biasi wall hung... Riva. They also have rebadged twins from Crown/maui and Boyertown furnace as the  Savio... Its the same thing. Parts should be interchangable. PS... all are non condensing gas.
This discussion has been closed.