Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Lockinvar Knight

Options
targetman
targetman Member Posts: 105
I have to start up 4 boilers at a local college. Just found out today. I have no experience with them.  Anything i should know ahead of time? 

Comments

• meplumber
    meplumber Member Posts: 678
    Options
    Find the I&O Manual and the Service Manual.

Read them cover to cover before you get there. They are available on line.

You need a digital combustion analyzer and a digital manometer to set them up. No Option.

Good Luck.
  • Mark Eatherton
    Mark Eatherton Member Posts: 5,853
    Options
    LocHinvar technical support...

is one of the finest there is, but as others have pointed out, YOU need to be their eyes in the field, and in order to do that correctly, you will need proper and adequate instrumentation.

Go prepared, and if things don't look right, call factory support and they will walk/talk you through the process.

Having a lap top PC, the necessary software, and connection cables is extremely helpful, but not entirely required. It just makes programming common boilers a lot easier. If these are all on one system, in one room, you will probably be utilizing the 2 wire communications bus. Be sure and follow their installation instructions to the "T" and it will work like a symphony, with you being the Maestro.

I finally got a good chance to listen to the system serving the Sleeper House do its thing yesterday under a decent load, and it is truly amazing to hear these beauties responding to changing loads.

ME

There was an error rendering this rich post.

This discussion has been closed.