Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

TRV reccommendation

Options
Fred Rappuhn
Fred Rappuhn Member Posts: 107
Would appreciate any recommendation on what brand/style TRV that is to be installed in a Slant fin fine line 30 trim.  The supply is in 3/4" copper. 

Comments

• Mark Eatherton
    Mark Eatherton Member Posts: 5,853
    Options
    Special needs...

If the baseboard is in series with ohter convectors, you will need to use a 3 way valve with a bypass. A company called Enerjee use to distribute them, but I've not seen any in quite some time. I remember seeing that Oventrop also made the same thing. THey may have been making them for Enerjee Corp.

If the board is in series with other rooms, and you put a 2 way in, the other rooms will suffer a lack of heat..

Here is a link to a picture of it from 2002.

http://news.thomasnet.com/fullstory/Thermostatic-By-pass-Valve-permits-zone-control-6533

Maybe your search will produce better results than mine. In a worst case scenario, I suppose you could cut your own bypass into the circuit with a manually adjusted bypass valve.

ME

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Fred Rappuhn
    Options
    TRV reccommendation

I guess I needed to give more info......the baseboards are on a home system run to serve each room. These are upstairs (good siz) bedrooms and on 1 seperate zone.

I am in the long process of removing the CI rads in the upstairs and powdercoating them and reinstalling with TRV in the lower level living area. The upstairs bedrooms will be all fintube, that way if I choose to have a setback thermo for the bedroom, the fintube would be more receptive.   I am short on  CI rad for the entire house and would rather have those in the living area and fintube in the bedrooms.

I thought of giving  better zoning in the bedroom with the TRV's. , but I know I will have an issuse in fitting in the trim housing. All the TRV's I have installed in the past have been on the CI free standing rad's.
  • ERF
    ERF Member Posts: 51
    Options
    Danfoss TRV"S

On fintube convectors, home run system. Have TRV'S on 3 bedroom loops and 1 on combination living room,dining room and kitchen. Boiler contol is a Tekmar 260 with ODR, constant circulation which provides even comfortable heat. 
  • furnacefigher15
    furnacefigher15 Member Posts: 514
    Options
    Danfoss

Also makes power heads that have air sensors that can mount remotely.

For the RA 2000 series
  • Fred Rappuhn
    Options
    thanks

Now that I see a photo, I get the idea!! With the hinged end trim piece, I thought the vale had to fit inside there.

Thanks
This discussion has been closed.