Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

TACO variable speed pump

Options
Housedoc
Housedoc Member Posts: 66
I am using a Taco 008 variable speed pump with accompanying sensors to maintain 10 degrees TD on the load side of radiant system. But i want to run the pump full throttle while I test things. Is there a simple way to make the pump go to high while testing? I have read the instructions 3 times and could not find a mention of this option.

Comments

• STEVEusaPA
    STEVEusaPA Member Posts: 6,505
    Options
    One way

I had sort of this same dilemma with trying to balance an injection pump. I just temporarily wired the pump separately to run full blast. I wonder if you put the return sensor on a pipe hotter then the supply if it would ramp the pump all the way up to try to get the delta t.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Housedoc
    Housedoc Member Posts: 66
    Options
    Right On Steve

Steve, That's what Taco told me today as well. I was thinking I could disconnect the sensor fooling the control into thinking the return was 40,000 degrees. But it sees an error and shuts down. So the best Taco could come up with was to remove the supply sensor from the pipe and leave it dangling in the air,. Then turn the set point dial down to 1.

This test feature is something Taco need to add to this pump. Its a pain not to have simple way to do it.
  • EricAune
    EricAune Member Posts: 432
    Options
    Been there..

I have had great luck when taking the return sensor and placing it between the electrical housing box and the outside of the motor casing.  Sounds weird but it works. The housing will heat up fairly quickly and the circ will think the return is much higher than it is. 

I agree, some sort of override would be nice.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• PeterNH
    PeterNH Member Posts: 88
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Sensor Chart

Here's what i would try.I'd look at the resitance chart on page 4 here:http://www.taco-hvac.com/uploads/FileLibrary/102-359.pdfPic out the temperatures that would apply to the get the pump to run at the speed you desire.Go to the local Radio Shack store, buy resistors of matching values (additive in series to get closer)  and connect them to the pump, in place of the existing sensors.Peter
This discussion has been closed.