Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Existing header re-pipe

Options
Any opinions on re-piping this existing header? I am considering this because of how the branch tee's are laying on their side, my thinking was too rip out the old and rebuild the header with branches off the top per manufacturers specs. It is a 2 pipe vapor system. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Here are some pics 

Comments

• gerry gill
    gerry gill Member Posts: 3,078
    Options
    yes repipe it.

It will probably be easier for you to repipe it than to try to work with whats there..does that water heater in the background actually vent with that much conductor pipe? maybe its a distance illusion.
    gwgillplumbingandheating.com
    Serving Cleveland's eastern suburbs from Cleveland Heights down to Cuyahoga Falls.

• dgordon
    dgordon Member Posts: 7
    Options
    Thanks

for confirming, really didn't want to pipe to the existing. The water heater was there when we got there, nice install eh? (:  I'm sure we will be addressing that as well. I'm kinda going in blind on this as the original contractor had the old boiler removed before I got there. From what I gathered it is a Trane 2 pipe vapor system, with rad. valves made by William S Haines Co., and traps I can't identify. Have you ever seen the name before?

Thanks again
  • nicholas bonham-carter
    Options
    Re-pipe or re-use

Re-piping would allow you to re-route the hot water heater vent, and to cut out that old gate valve, which can be a headache later (in my experience).

Are you completely without heat while this is going on?--nbc
This discussion has been closed.