Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Flo(w) Che(c)k question

Does anyone know of any mfr. that makes a product that does the same thing as the Taco Flo-Chek (stops gravity circulation in forced hot water heating systems) but that is available in 1/2" NPT? I want to use it for a domestic hot water recirculating pump that does not have built in flow check (IFC). Also, does anyone know how the flo check (or similar product by other mfrs.) works? It definitely appears to do more than a backflow preventer. Thanks.


  • icesailor
    icesailor Member Posts: 7,265
    Flow Check Valves:

    Most use a 1/2" IPS or copper swing check to stop circulation.

    I personally almost always use an IPS check valve with a union so I can ghange the valve if it has any problems.
This discussion has been closed.