Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

ARGO Hydro-Air Control AHR-1

Options
Where to start.. HW Boiler with 2 zones..

Well it all started with a no heat call, and the next day before I got there I got another call saying the heat is back on but wont shut off and does not respond to the thermostat, So I figured faulty thermostat and I had them take the thermostat off the wall in hopes to shut down the system.. The heat still never went off so I got there and went into the basement and one of the other tenants or someone went down there and took the covers off the old relays and and used coat hangers to wrap around the relay to keep the circuit closed so that the heat was full blast all the time... So yeah I took off the wires holding the relays closed and the system shut down. I called a repair guy out and he came and installed 2 new argo ahr-1's earlier today but he never went into the apartment where i took the thermostat off which was an old 3 wire thermostat and all 3 wires were in use on the old thermostat and the old relay. So anyways I assumed things were fixed but a lil while i got a call saying the heat was still on full blast when they returned from work and the thermostat was still off the wall and broken so i cant put it back up right now. Anyways I'm not sure why the heat would stay on in this one apartment with new relays installed. Could the thermostat not being mounted cause this scenario? Can I simply buy a new thermostat or do i need to call them back? either way I'd like to figure this out so I know whats going on with the system.

Comments

• furnacefigher15
    furnacefigher15 Member Posts: 514
    Options
    Call back

May have mis- wired, there may be a short creating a false demand for heat.

Call back the heating guy.
This discussion has been closed.