Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

HELP finding electric actuated diverter (zone) valve

WillHill
WillHill Member Posts: 1
I have for some time been trying to find a source for a reasonably priced 3/4" NPT electricly actuated, (power open/power close) water, diverter (zone) valve that has basically a 3 wire actuator (power to open, power to close, and common/ground). This valve must fail to its current state on power loss so I can't really use a spring return solenoid actuator. I also want to possibly operate it with a 3-way switch powered by a 24V supply or even a "rib" (?) relay and not a complicated floating(?) or modulating controller. I found Calleffi and their 6443A valve but I can't seem to find anyone who actually sells this valve.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• furnacefigher15
    furnacefigher15 Member Posts: 514
    Try your local commercial controls supply

It may cost more then you might have in mind, but honeywell, johnson controlls, etc.. all make exactly what you want, but it will be a 2 piece setup.

1 will be the 3 way valve, and the other will be the actuator.

Chances are this style will likely last longer also by 2 to 3 times.
  • SWEI
    SWEI Member Posts: 7,356
    floating valves

Floating point control:  Voltage to one terminal moves the shaft clockwise and to the other terminal moves it counterclockwise.

Do you intend to use it for proportional control (stop somewhere in the rotation range for mixing) or simply switch between one port and the other with no stop in the middle?  If you want proportional control, you will get the best results from a valve with a characterizing disc in it and your flow requirements will determine the correct valve for the job.
  • hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 22,808
    motorized ball valve

the Caleffi 644 series is a motorized ball valve. If the power is interrupted during it's cycle it stops in that position. It will keep "motoring" when the power is restored. This valve is sold as a diverting or bypass type. Let me know if you are still looking for source.

hr
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream
This discussion has been closed.