Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Weighted Flow Check?

Options
bob27
bob27 Member Posts: 3
what is a weighted flow check and can I put this on my water heater system myself?

Comments

• billtwocase
    billtwocase Member Posts: 2,385
    Options
    which one

Water heater, or heating system?
  • bob27
    Options
    water heater

water heater I just had a new boilermate installed and when the house calles for heat, the internal water exceeds 155 and the alarm goes off.
  • billtwocase
    Options
    post pics

I think that it is piped wrong, and a flow check may not help. Does it have it's own circ/zone valve? 
  • bob27
    Options
    installation manuel

according to the installation instructions, the plumbing is correct except for a "weighted flow check" that is in the boiler return line out of the water heater. It does have its own cirulator just for the water heater. There is another just for the zones of the house.
  • billtwocase
    Options
    Where

is the tank piped? Where is the house heat circ mounted, and where is the return piped from the Boilermate?It should have a flow check, but it could still not be piped where it should be. The house circ is pulling water thru the coil on the Amtrol. That can only happen if the return is piped above the circ and not below. Pics of what you have, or diagram would help. I would also have the installer make good on his install.
This discussion has been closed.