Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Wireless T-stat

Paul48
Paul48 Member Posts: 4,469
I would like to add a wireless thermostat in  the house, but can't find 24v common on the Honeywell L8124 A/C aquastat.I need the 24v to power the module.Thanks for any help you can provide.

By the way, Honeywell bailed on this question, when asked about their wireless thermostat connected to their aquastat. I was told to seek professional help, because aquastats were designed to be installed by professionals.Even though the question was regarding installing a thermostat(their thermostat).

Comments

• furnacefigher15
    furnacefigher15 Member Posts: 514
    Transformer

T and T (existing thermostat connection)

one is 24 v hot (r) and other is 24 v (w) and common all at once.

You wont be able to use the wireless without a separate transformer to power the device

What to you need wireless for?
  • Paul48
    Paul48 Member Posts: 4,469
    re:wireless

I need to move the thermostat. Its current position is not good. I figured wireless would save me the trouble of fishing wires,and allow me to experiment with different locations. I could power it with another transformer,but then how would I switch the relay in the aquastat.
  • icesailor
    icesailor Member Posts: 7,265
    Wiring Wireless:

If you are a "Professional", Honeywell would have helped you. You must have asked the wrong questions.

Their "Red Hat" system works very well. I've installed their wireless thermostats on a museum like old house where there was no way to run wires. A Rib Wireless Relay wouldn't transmit to the floor below but the Red Hat stuff went three floors, through radiant copper coils in a ceiling.

You MUST use their transmitters. And I think that applies to most everything wireless out there. You need to use the whole system. Not just part of it.

But maybe you knew that.
  • furnacefigher15
    furnacefigher15 Member Posts: 514
    wiring

Have the wireless control a relay that provides the switching for the aquastat
  • Robert_25
    Robert_25 Member Posts: 546
    transformer

I installed one of these system in my house...I powered the receiver with a $10 24v transformer.
This discussion has been closed.