Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

starting my system - oil waste boiler/watts

Options
I have recently started my boiler (Thursday last week) and have had mixed success getting it going.  I am sure a project like this, it has been four years in the making, is going to have headaches so I am happy to work through them. I have worked with boiler manufacture and they have been amazing help.  I do have a question though about one loop which seems to be causing me problems.  I have a watts stainless manifold 4 loops of less than 200 ft ONIX each and it appears to not be heating up.  The Bell and Gossitt (sp) pump that pushes the hot to the second floor (underfloor mounted) does not seem to be circulating.  The pump in the basement gets hot (hotter than all the other ones) but I get no flow upstairs.   I have tried adjusting the little adjustments on the top of the manifold, I look at the flow meters and I get no flow (all other zones same manifolds show .5 to 1 gpm, flow).

Can I have an air lock causing this problem? Could the pump be too small to push the water upstairs and through the loops then back down to the basement?

Comments

• furnacefigher15
    furnacefigher15 Member Posts: 514
    Options
    sounds like air

Probably an air lock. Each loop needs to be vented on its own.

Take some pics
This discussion has been closed.