Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Damped Temp on Viessmann Vitogas 100

jim_51
jim_51 Member Posts: 69
I have a Viessmann Vitogas 100 with vitotronic 200 control. One heat circuit with 2 zones currently running const. circulation using outdoor reset. The outdoor temperature monitor is on the northwest wall. No remote vitotrol 200 or 300 at this time. Thinking of adding 300 in open zoned area.

What is damped temp mean? Currently it is set at 15. Is that correct for this set up?

Thanks for your help.

Jim

Comments

• Simply Rad
    Simply Rad Member Posts: 191
    damped temp

Jim

You have 2 temperatures displayed for the OTS(outdoor temp sensor).  Actual temp is the temp right now and the damped temp is the temp that was last recorded and used in the heating curve.  The control uses a temp reading or recalibrates the heating curve over a period of time.  It does not just use the actual temp for the heating curve formula.  I believe in coding level 2 you can chose the duration of time between each time the control recalibrates the heating curve using the OTS reading or damped temperature.  I live in colorado where the outdoor temperature changes each morning and evening 20 degrees in an hr.  So I have the control check the temperature every hour.  Hopefully that makes sense. 

BTW constant circ with indoor feedback is a great way to control a radiant system, but keep in mind indoor feedback is a very powderful control.  You are controlling the whole heating circuit with one sensor.

Good luck

Jeffrey
    Jeffrey Campbell
  • jim_51
    jim_51 Member Posts: 69
    damped Temp

Thanks Jeffrey

If I read the manual correctly 15 would equal 150 min. and your setting of 1 hour would equal your setting of 6 as it is the number x 10.

Thanks

Jim
This discussion has been closed.